Living in someone else's house, while financially liberating, is creatively a bit stifling. The furniture is arranged, the walls are painted and being in the middle of the ocean, all things purchased or created must be packed into airplane approved luggage at the end of our time here. So I've been working on "small space" projects like photo album/baby books for the boys and sewing seat covers promised to a friend in Indianapolis and thinking about making henry a little man suit for my uncle's wedding. But I still spend a really shockingly large amount of time thinking about beautiful things that cannot currently be mine and searching for them online.

Here's a little list, I'll call it: "someday, we'll be home together"

These notebooks on etsy would almost be too beautiful to write in...but I would try just so I could turn the lovely covers and leaf through the vegetable dyed pages.

I think I have the taste of a nineteenth century old woman because if I could afford to wallpaper every room in my house with these wallpapers, I think I would.

Mornings with this stovetop cappucino maker would make me feel like a well bred european with a flat in the city, and a cottage in the country with an aga oven, a few spaniels and some wellington boots...basically a character from a rosamund pilcher novel and my dream come true.

I'm all for the modern conveniences looking like electronic fossils of bygone eras so this and this would likely find a place in my future (dream) house (where money were no option).

What joy to stir my cappuccino with this spoon!

Sort of trendy but seriously, who wouldn't want a pop art poster of an owl, typewriter and or telephone pole?

Who says these roofs are only for pole barns and outhouses? I want one on my house.

And of course, all things anthropologie but especially this towel and this table cloth

2 comments:

If you are inspired to redecorate anything, feel free! Your decorating taste would be a breath of fresh air, I am sure.

4:40 AM  

Hmmm... so funny, we are so alike and so different all at the same time... Love the roof, love the spoon, 100% agree with Anthropologie (had v. interesting conversation w/ Gap customer about shopping the sale racks at Anthropologie...), think I would like the stove and esp. the MP3 player, but have sneaking suspicion that Mike would not, but struggling with wallpaper; like colors and designs, but more likely to frame small bits and hang on wall painted in complimentary hues. Know that you would do whole rooms and it would look fabulous, and for this, I am bitter and jealous, but must like in my own reality of myself and my tastes... :) Can't wait to see you in a week...

9:23 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home